Extradition of the suspected child murderer could last

extradition of the suspected child murderer could last

The extradition of the man who allegedly killed his two-year-old daughter in hamburg was allowed to drag on for several weeks. The man had been arrested in spain on sunday. The 33-year-old is a rejected asylum seeker from pakistan.

The international arrest warrant issued by the hamburg public prosecutor’s office last week had already been accompanied by a request for extradition to germany, a spokesman for the authorities said on monday.

There are no obstacles to extradition. The suspect is a pakistani citizen and is not wanted for any political or military offense. Nevertheless, the formalities and the organization of the extradition could take several weeks.

The man who allegedly killed his young daughter in hamburg apparently found protection with a friend before being arrested in spain. When the police tracked him down on sunday, he was accompanied by the man who was also arrested, the basque newspaper "el diario vasco" reported on monday.

The arrest of the 33-year-old was made in the open by police officers from madrid south of san sebastian in the spanish basque country. According to the initial findings of the hamburg police, his escape had led via france to spain

The two-year-old daughter of the 33-year-old rejected asylum seeker had died on monday last week in the district of neugraben-fischbek from a cut injury to the neck. The 32-year-old mother had earlier gone to the police station to report her husband for threatening her.

According to a spokesman, the police had already been called several times for domestic violence. When officers entered the apartment this time, they discovered the dead child. The search for the father began during the night.

The man was already known to the public prosecutor’s office. An investigation had already been opened against him for bodily harm to one of his wife’s sons from a previous relationship. However, the boy had not suffered any physical damage, senior public prosecutor nana frombach had said. The man had also been investigated on suspicion of threatening his wife.

The youth welfare office in the district of harburg took care of the family. Twice there was a suspicion that the welfare of the children was at risk – but neither time was confirmed, said a spokeswoman for the district authorities.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.